Monday, October 8, 2007

Organic Dog Food, Part II

I forgot to mention in my last post that in addition to buying them a higher-quality dog food, I have also been making a serious effort to exercise them more frequently and for longer periods of time. I figure exercise coupled with a protein-rich diet, and we may have a chance.

I think we're making some great progress. To date, there has been only one, little 'piddle' in the kitchen, and it's been over two weeks. As far as the coprophagia goes, there is some progress, but not as much as I'd hoped. I believe this is due to the fact that it has become almost habitual at this point. An acquired taste, maybe? Needless to say, I've had to become extremely vigil in my 'poop patrol' duties, picking them up with the scooper practically as they hit the ground. Of course, this is now one of Bailey's favorite games: who can get to the poo first. At times I've even had to run at her with the scooper shovel, brandishing it like a Spartan warrior does his spear.

I'd say overall, the experiment has been successful and canine moral is high. So I guess we'll just keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

Cordelia said...

Must tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed this post, especially the parts about poop eating....LOVE IT!

Cordelia said...

how IS the coprophagia progressing??;)